Is me alone or other women also experience this itching vagina?
vaginal itching or itchy vigina is incredibly a common issue nowadays. Itching itself gives a discomfort feel but if you get this on your private part then this is seriously embarrassing. But no need to get ashamed it is so common like how you get cold. The itchiness what women generally experience is on vulva area. The vulva area is absolutely covered by a sensitive skin. This is the area which is actually affected. Most of us don’t know that the vulva area is consists of many compounds. These compounds are labia majora, labia minora, clitoris, urethra, vestibule, and perineum. This all area can be affected so you will feel itching and irritation. Most of the time this itching vagina is not a serious concern but its just uncomfortable sometimes.
What causes itching vagina?
There are a lot of things can cause itchy on the vagina. Some are hormonal changes like your periods, pregnancy, menopause or when you take birth control pills can cause vaginal itching. So five are the most important causes of vaginal itching, burning and discomfort are:
1. Bacterial vaginosis (BV)
BV is an overgrowth of bacteria which normally exist in the vagina. Its mean that our vaginal itself has some good bacterias which help our vaginal part to stay healthy. But when these bacteria start growing double or triple then we got BV. If you experience itching sensation and strong fishy smell from your vagina then this the sign that you have BV problem.
2. STDs (sexually transmitted diseases)
There are so many STD like chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital warts and many more. If you have any of this STD this is also a cause of itching vagina.
3. Yeast infection
Yeast infection is a common problem in women like vaginal itching. Yeast infection caused due to overproduction and imbalance of candida in the vagina. Rather then this women who had a yeast infection can experience white thick glue like cheesy discharge.
The certain fall of estrogen in women can cause its vaginal walls to thin and dry out. This can further cause itching, irritation and redness.
5. Chemical irritants
Sometimes the cause lay in your cabinet rather than within your body. There are a lot of chemical things that can irritate your skin and can cause itching. Such as douches, flavored or cheap condoms, scented soap or toilet papers, menstrual pads, menstrual cups, harsh detergents or fabric softeners and sometimes body washes too.
Because Itching, burning, and irritation can be symptoms of an infection it doesn’t mean you remain silent. First of all, try to identify its cause then try some home remedies. If you still didn’t see any improvement then consult with a doctor.
10 Itching vigina Home Remedies
1. Tea tree oil
If you are facing itching vagina due to yeast infection then tea tree oil is best for you. Believe me or not but tea tree oil is really very powerful ingredient due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Take 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Mix it with one or two tablespoons of water.
- Soak the cotton ball or tampon.
- Place it on the vulva or your vaginal area where you feel the itch.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes.
- After that remove it.
- You don’t need to wash the area.
2. Licorice tea and oregano oil cold compress
this is one of the most interesting combinations. Other websites usually told you to drink licorice tea but I said no. they also told you to apply plain ice cubes but I definitely not recommend you that. When you are going to choose oregano oil from food store always looks for wild oregano oil because of it more beneficial than a simple one. Licorice root is not only famous for treating PCOS but it also treats itching vagina due to its antibacterial properties. Both licorice and oregano soothe your skin and they help you get perfect PH level for vagina.
- Take two tablespoons of licorice root powder.
- Put it in two cups of water.
- Boil it for a few minutes.
- Off the stove and let it cool down.
- When it cool completely add few drops of oregano oil.
- Mix both the ingredients together.
- After that put that solution in an ice tray.
- Freeze it for 8 hours.
- After that is ready to use.
- Use it twice a day on your vaginal area.
- You will surely see improvement in a week.
3. Yogurt and honey
As yogurt is known for its probiotic properties but it has some kinds of bacteria which are good for the vagina. Honey and yogurt both have antibacterial properties so both are really effective to get rid of vaginal itching. This is one the best natural ointment.
- Mix two tablespoons of organic yogurt along with half teaspoon pure honey.
- Clean your vaginal area.
- Apply this mixture on vagina and vulva area.
- Let it stay 20 to 30 minutes.
- After that wash it off with warm water.
- Do this twice a day.
- For more effectiveness try to consume plain yogurt every day.
4. Chamomile and rosemary leaves
Chamomile flowers and rosemary leaves both are known for its soothing properties. In the medical industry both are famous for there magical properties. They both help you to get relieved from itching vagina so I recommend you to must try this.
- Take two tablespoons of chamomile flowers.
- Few rosemary leaves.
- Put it in two cups of water.
- Bring it to boil, let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Off the stove and let it cool down.
- When it completely cool wash your vaginal area with this solution.
- You can also soak the cotton ball and put it on vulva area for the more good result.
5. Natural oils or essential oils
like tea tree oil there are many other essential oils and natural oils which you can use to cure your vaginal itching. Some of these oils are patchouli oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil and many more.
- Now its totally your choice whether you choose coconut oil or patchouli oil.
- Both oils are amazing like tea tree oil and give you quick result.
- After choosing oil directly apply the oil to the affected area.
- Let it stay for overnight.
- In the morning wash your vaginal area nicely with a medicated solution.
I have to admit that why women have so many problems. Like PCOS, vaginal dryness, period cramps. Ashwagandha is a natural herb mainly used in India and other Asian countries. If you are not happy with your marriage life due to that private scenes in bed that due to low testosterone girls. But don’t worry ashwagandha not only cure your itching vagina problem but that secret problem also. It also helps to control your stress level which is very important to fight with any kind of problem.
- Women’s you don’t have to apply ashwagandha.
- If you have to drink this whether like tea or night drink.
- If you want to drink it in tea then put one teaspoon of ashwagandha powder.
- Make a perfect tea and drink.
- You can also drink it in a warm cup of milk.
- Yes before doing to bed take a glass of warm milk.
- Put half teaspoon of ashwagandha powder.
- Mix nicely and drink.
- This drink not only cures your vaginal itching problem but also make you relax.
- You will definitely get a nice sleep after drinking this.
7. Apple cider vinegar
it is one of most popular, effective and cheapest home remedy. Apple cider vinegar is not only famous for skin care but it very good of itching vagina.
Now there are three methods of drinking, bathing and applying to choose with which you are comfortable.
- The first method is drinking apple cider vinegar.
- Take a glass of water adds one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar.
- Mix it very well.
- Drink this solution once a day.
- Take one cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Put it in the bath tab water should be warm.
- Mix it and lay down in bath tab for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that take a normal bath but don’t wash the vaginal area.
- Take a cotton ball.
- Soak the cotton ball with apple cider vinegar.
- Place this cotton ball on the vulva or where you are getting itchy.
- let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that wash your vaginal area with water.
Myrrh oil is mainly used nowadays for infections or bacterias. In old times myrrh used to cleanse the room before any special ceremony. Myrrh also used to treat acne, ringworms and yeast infection which caused by candida.
- It depends on you if you have oil then you can directly apply this to your vagina.
- But if you have it in raw form.
- Then one tablespoon of myrrh in a cup of water.
- Bring it to the stove and boil the water.
- After one minute of boiling off the stove.
- Let the solution cool down.
- Strain it and use it to apply on the vagina or you can wash your vagina with this mixture.
9. Try some flax seeds and vitamin C
Last but not the least flax seeds, you don’t have to apply it the thing is you have to eat it. Sometimes you don’t have any problem its just your depression which causing a problem. So flax seeds are very good because it fights with your depression and makes your mood happy. As I told you before that menopause is also a cause of vaginal itching due to low estrogen levels. Good news for you flax seeds help you to get back your estrogen which you need. If you are facing dry vagina issue then flax seeds do wonder for you due to omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. It gives the lubricant which your vagina actually need. So try to consume flax seeds no more than two tablespoons or you can take flax seeds oil supplements.
Sometimes you have a fight from inside to get better results. Vitamin C helps to boost your immune system I also take 1000mg of vitamin tablet daily. It not only makes my body stronger from inside but due to getting I got the perfect clear skin. Never try to apply Vitamin C in your vaginal area instead of that try to consume it every day in the form of tablets or food like oranges, kiwi and many more.
10. Precautions & additional remedies on itching vagina
- Apart from these itching vagina home remedies keep an eye on what you consume or eat. Don’t eat highly processed foods or any kind of food which has more sugar like soft drinks.
- Don’t be shy talk with your husband, mother or whomever which is closer to you. The more you remain silent the more you are in trouble.
- Don’t take antibiotics too early let your body fight with this problem.
- Always wear loose clothes, never wear underwear while going to bed.
- Yeast and bacteria always grow in wet places, try to dry your vagina as soon as possible.
- It’s good to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day along with fresh juices.
- Stop using any kind of harsh soaps and body washes on vaginal areas.
- Always choose a good solution from a beauty store to wash your private parts.