Hello everyone, did you miss me, actually I miss you all a lot, today I want to talk about nails and what you can do and how to grow your nails fast. This post was requested by many readers so this is for you and here it is.
So our nails are made up of proteins specifically keratin and that’s the same protein that we need for our skin and hairs, this protein protects our nail from breaking or cracking. When new nails cells are formed they link up with the nails and push out the old ones but sometimes this process may be affected for a number of reasons biting your nails, having a poor diet, using nail polish that loaded with harsh chemicals, not trimming them properly and the list goes on and on.
But don’t way today I am going to share some important tips and natural ways to grow your nails fast, stronger and healthier.
How to Grow Your Nails Fast
1. Lemon and olive oil:
Lemon or lime contain tons of Vitamin C which is necessary to grow your nails fast, it also help to treat yellow nails, lemon or lime juice makes them whiter and give them a natural shine. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer filled with Vitamin E this going to help repair damage nails, strengthen your nails and promote nail growth.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
What we need to do?
- Just add one tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a clean bowl.
- After that pour this to a saucepan, you have to eat it a tiny bit on the stove.
- You need to warm it, reason behind this because heat allows to penetrate deeply into our skin and nails.
- After a minute or two, take it off from stove; store it in a glass jar.
- After that you take a cotton ball, just dip the cotton in the mixture, apply it on every single nail, and make sure to apply on the skin around it and underneath the nail as well.
- Now leave it overnight, wear a pair of gloves if you want, that’s it.
2. Orange juice and garlic
I know girls that it sounds very smelly to apply garlic on your nails but believe me orange juice and garlic do wonders for your nails, so don’t worry about smell it will fade away.
- One cup of orange juice
- Little bit of garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
What we need to do?
- First of all take fresh orange juice in a bowl, now mix some garlic paste into it.
- Mix it properly; soak your nails in this mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that scrub a little bit, after 5 minutes wash your hands and use some hand wash.
- After that dip your nails in the olive oil as it moisturize your nails, massage it into your nails for 2 to 3 minutes, if you have some extra olive oil left into nails just spread it all over your hands as olive oil is so good for your nails and it makes you hand super soft.
3. Honey and egg yolk
The protein from the egg yolk and the calcium from the milk are going to make your nails grow fast and it also makes your nails strong and less brittle.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- One egg yolk
- Half cup of milk
What we need to do?
- Take a nice clean bowl; add honey, egg yolk and milk.
- Mix them all very well; now soak your nails into this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that wash your hands and apply some olive oil or a good moisturizer.
- Don’t worries about leftover it’s also a nice DIY hair mask or dry damaged hair.
- Just apply the leftover on your hair and scalp.
Six Important Tips to Grow Your Nails Fast
- So first and most important thing to get healthier nails is to drink lot of water, if you get enough water it shows up in your skin, hairs and even in your nails too. Try to get 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- The next important thing is to moisturize, so its winter right now so it makes your skin dry and also makes your nails to be dry. Dry nails are more prone to break since they are brittle, it’s still important to moisturize in summer, so moisturize your hands and your nails very well.
- You have to make changes into your diet, make sure you should eat those foods which are rich in protein remember our nails are made up of proteins so it’s important to have it in our diet. So eat lot of chicken, fish, eggs, nuts, drink protein shakes and make sure eat lots of fruits and vegetables. We need all the nutrients in order to have healthy nails.
- Sometimes we may need some supplement to give us what we are lacking; something which I take every single morning for my nails and hairs is zinc. Zinc is vital for our skin, hairs and nails many parts of our body require it and ever since I start taking zinc my nails start growing super fast. But remember to consult with your doctor before you take any kind of supplement.
- This important tip is for those who paint their nails and also I included, a lot of nail polishes contain harmful chemicals that really damage your nails, we want to avoid nail polish that contains chemicals like formaldehyde, toluene and sulfonamide, they all are very toxic bad for your health and also bad for your nails. So look for nail polish brand that are non toxic such as Essie, O.P.I, butter London and many more I know these are pricy but they are defiantly worth it.
- My last tip is to trim your nails on regular basis, just like we trim our hair, it’s important to trim our nails to get rid of the old and weak parts. You only want to leave a little bit white tip of the nails, one more thing you should never ever trim your cuticles because this will increase the risk of infection. Cuticles are there for reason and that is to protect our nails, you simply just push back them and that’s it.
I recommend doing these remedies every night, remember everybody nails grow at different rates but I really believe that these remedies and combined with the tips that I have shared can really make a difference in your nails.
I hope you found this post helpful, if you like my post or if you want to share your own recipe, if you have any request regarding any topic make sure to share with me the below comment box and I will look forward on it. Take care and keep reading.