What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is one of the most common skin problems. It is a condition which causes redness appear on the face, especially on the cheeks, and nose. This regularly produces small pus-filled collisions in your face and this condition is mostly seen in females more than males.Although anyone can face this issue but middle-aged women having fair skin complexion commonly affects. Anyone can suffer from this condition at any time in life, people of all ages and colors can suffer from rosacea, According to a research of U.S, more than 14 million people are suffering from this condition of rosacea.
So one who feels the symptoms of rosacea should treat them to control earlier. In the other situation if you left rosacea untreated it may lead to worsening after some time. It can also cause burning in your eyes and too much redness do not look good even people feel unconfident in social gathering or at work, a persn’s life quality can be affected due to this disease. It can increase a person’s personal dissatisfaction. May people affected with this problem report issues at work, in their marriage, and while meeting with new people and studies report that living with rosacea can bring out so many difficulties.
So if your rosacea gotten worse and bothers you then you should control this situation. Here you will know some safe and effective natural ways to keep your rosacea condition from getting worse or even can be disappeared if you will give time and have patience.
There are four dynamic stages of rosacea.
Stage 1: Irregular facial redness and Flushing.
Stage 2: Persistent redness on the forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin nose.
Stage 3: Small, red colored bumps appear with thin blood vessels, called telangiectasias.
Stage4: Nose skin thickening and Bumps.
Here are some other common signs and symptoms of rosacea:
It is the basic symptom, people with rosacea that the eyes seem watery or irritated and the eyelids may also become swollen and red. This condition is referred as ocular rosacea.
If you get Facial swelling, it is known as edema, it may go with different indications of rosacea or happen independently.
Stinging or Burning
Stinging or burning sensations might frequently happen on the face. Tightness or itching might likewise create.
Plaques are known as red patches, these may occur without changes the surrounding skin of the face.
The focal facial skin may be irregular or rugged, and in this manner give off an impression of being exceptionally dry.
The skin may enlarge and thicken due to excessive tissues.Especially on the nose. This condition called as rhinophyma influences a large number of male than female.
What causes rosacea?
The causes of rosacea are almost unknown, but it can be due to hereditary and environmental factors. Researchers are as yet finding causes of rosacea. However, they have found some following causes.
Blood vessel abnormalities
Experts believe that blood vessel abnormalities of the face can be a major cause of rosacea. These blood vessel abnormalities tend to appear redness, persistent, flushing and visible blood vessels. Damage to the skin by sunlight is responsible for the expansion of blood vessels.
Microscopic mites are small arthropods live on the human skin without harming the skin, but these mites have been found with rosacea condition when they got increased. Many researchers have suggested that rosacea condition is caused by Microscopic mites.
Rosacea runs in families
Several victims of rosacea have relatives who have rosacea. In families, this condition seems to be more common. However, it’s not clear how rosacea passed on and which genes are involved if any.
Triggers of rosacea
People suffering from rosacea find some triggers which make their signs worse.
Researchers find that different people have different triggers but here are some commonly reported triggers.
- Exposure to sunlight
- Strenuous exercise
- Hot baths
- Hot drinks
- Hot or cold weather
- Strong winds
- Spicy foods
- Other medical conditions
read also: How to Get Clear Skin With Ice Cubes
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Rosacea
If you experience rosacea then there is a high probability that you have tried some medical treatments. Though those may at first help but nothing later on. Here you will know some effective internal and external natural treatments to get rid of this condition.
Fish Oil and Vitamin E to Get Rid of Rosacea
Fish Oil is rich in anti-inflammatory properties and Omega-3 fatty acids which help relieve the aggravation brought about by Demodectic Rosacea. Additionally Vitamin E is helpful to reduce he redness which is caused by rosacea and likewise repairs damaged skin.
How to get rid of Rosacea with Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica)
it is an excellent natural solution for rosacea. This herb has been widely used in the medicines in china and India. Gotu kola is helpful to promote healing of the skin and to reduce the scars.it also prevents bacterial, parasitic and viral infection. The Gotu kola extracts are capable of reducing inflammation as well as symptoms of rosacea by increasing collagen production in the body.
- Take Gotu kola extract approximately 50 to 100mg/ day.
- Use this remedy once a week.
read also: 6 Avocado Face Mask for skin care
Use Cat’s Claw to Get Rid of Rosacea (Uncaria tomentosa)
Cat’s Claw is used to treat a wide range of skin and health problems as it is rich in powerful healing properties. Cat’s Claw extracts exert anti-proliferative activity directly and reduces the flare-up of rosacea.
- Take 500 mg extract of Cat’s Claw in a day.
- Follow this remedy till you get the desired results.
- Avoid this remedy while pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Use Horse-chestnut to Get Rid of Rosacea (Aesculus hippocastanum)
Horse Chestnut (also known as Cankers and Aesculus Hippocastanum.its a tree that has flowers with small pink dots. Horse Chestnut extract is used in Nemours herbal medicines and cosmetics as well. It is rich in anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic and astringent properties. So the extract of its seeds is beneficial in treating vascular issues and reduces inflammations in the body which is caused by rosacea.
- Topical cream can be used with Horse Chestnut.
- Simply apply the cream on the affected skin and leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash off the cream with lukewarm water
- Follow this easy solution twice a day for better results.
read also: How to get rid of acne on cheeks naturally
Zinc helps to maintain the health of skin and to fight with rosacea, when taken in appropriate quantity. Zinc supplements can also be taken for rosacea and other skin issues.
Take 25 mg of zinc twice a day with meal to get rid of rosacea problem.
Use Apple Mask to Get Rid of Rosacea
Apple mask is the best source of vitamin A which is used to build the damaged skin tissues and it also grows the new cells. It is an efficient natural method for rosacea problem and also reduces the intensity of skin condition.
- Take an apple and blend it after removing the skin.
- Leave the mask for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Continue this method every day till you get rid of this problem.
- Avoid the apples which have been cut for a long time.
Use Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Rosacea
Lavender Oil is rich in antiseptic properties and anti-inflammatory as well, so it’s helpful to sooth and cleanse if applied.
- Take a cotton ball and soak in the lavender oil.
- Apply his soaked ball on the affected skin.
- Leave the oil for 30 to 40 minutes and after rinse off with the water.
- Follow this method daily to dispose of this condition of rosacea.
- Geranial in anti-inflammatory may be caused of allergic issue so first apply this oil in small amount to see whether it is allergic in your skin. If not then follow this solution.
Note: you can buy Lavender oil from here
Use Red Clover to Get Rid of Rosacea (Trifolium pratense)
Red Clover is one of the safest natural solutions for treating Rosacea as it has healing power.Red Clover provides reduction in redness and skin irritation associated with rosacea.
- Take some red clover herbs and make tea by using hot water.
- Use this tea twice a day for better results.
Use Rose Hips Oil to Get Rid of Rosacea
Rosa hips oil is beneficial for treating skin conditions such as scars, blisters and sunburns. It can also overcome the problem of rosacea infection
- Take Rose Hips oil and apply on the affected skin.
- Leave this oil for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy on daily basis.
Note: you can buy rosehip Oil from here
Use Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Rosacea
Aloe Vera is the most significant and common natural solution as it is used for treating various skin and health conditions. Aloe Vera fresh gel is very helpful to reduce rosacea and provides cooling skin effect as well.
- Apply directly fresh Aloe Vera gel on the affected skin by rosacea.
- Don’t need to rinse it off as it is used as a cleanser.
- Use this home remedy twice or thrice a day.
How to get rid of rosacea redness with Chamomile?
Chamomile has anti –inflammatory power which provides soothing effects on the skin. It is an effective natural solution to treat rosacea. Chamomile prevents the flare-ups associated with rosacea and reduces its redness.
- Take some pure chamomile and boil in three cup of water.
- Refrigerate this thin solution.
- Apply with the help of cotton ball on the affected skin area.
- Leave this mixture on the skin for almost 20 minutes.
- Chamomile can also be used as a cream to treat rosacea.
Use Oatmeal Oil to Get Rid of Rosacea
Oatmeal is likely one of the commonly used topical solutions for rosacea. It’s really one of the best home remedies. Oatmeal helps to soothe and moisturize the skin redness and irritation. It has also anti-inflammatory properties and proteins which play the role of barrier and skin protecting by acids. Oatmeal widely used to cure rosacea condition.
- Take 2 tbsp. of Oatmeal oil and half cup of water Mix well this mixture.
- Apply on the affected skin and rub slightly to reduce irritation and itching associated with rosacea.
- Continue this method every day unless condition got reduced.
Use Green Tea to Get Rid of Rosacea
Green Tea protects the skin when exposed to the skin. It provides cure to different skin conditions as it has anticarcinogenic and antioxidant properties
- Take some green tea leaves and boil in three cups of water.
- Use this solution after refrigerating, same like chamomile.
Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Rosacea
Apple Cider Vinegar can be used as topical medication and internally as well to cure rosacea condition. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and helps to maintain the PH-level of the body.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can be directly applied on the affected skin with rosacea to reduce skin redness and irritation.
- Another way is to consume 2 tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar with a cup of water twice a day.
Best Sources of Vitamin D
The sun is one of the best source of vitamin D. Rosacea sufferers are normally extremely sensitive to daylight that’s why you should conceal your face in the sun exposure until your rosacea condition is totally gone or at least reduced. However, the sunlight in the early morning and evening is not harmful to the rosacea sufferers.
There are many significant things you can do yourself to keep the symptoms of rosacea condition under control.
- Avoid things that trigger your symptoms: avoid to expose you skin in the sunlight especially in summer month and use sunblock to lessen the triggers of your rosacea.
- Keeping your eyelids clean: if your eyelids are irritated or swelled due to rosacea. Clean your eyelids twice a day with cleaning solution to reduce the symptoms of rosacea. As well as avoid to apply eye makeup when you feel swelling, redness or irritations on eyelids.
- Using make-up: skin redness caused by rosacea can be hidden with the help of make-up. If you having rosacea condition on the face area then use whitening base creams or in case redness appear around your eyes or on the eyelids then try to apply “camouflage” make-up. Camouflage make-up helps to hide your skin blemishes.
- Take care of your skin
Here are some things which can keep your skin away from rosacea condition.
- Clean your skin twice a day and try to avoid alcohol based soaps and cleansers.
- Avoid to take steroid cream as these can make your rosacea symptoms worse.
- Don’t make excessive use of waterproof and oil-based skin products.
- Some researchers find that men can reduce skin irritation caused by rosacea, by using electric razor instead of blade
- It is also reported by some people that regular skin massage is helpful to lessen the symptoms of rosacea.
After reading these above explained remedies, you may be able to get relief or lessen this condition of flare-ups after some time with certain home solutions. But it is recommended that before adopting any home solution consult to a skin care specialist to know the tendency of your flare-ups and to keep away your skin from unexpected side effects or allergic reactions especially if you are suffering from severe redness caused by rosacea.