Are you fully hydrated? Many of us don’t pay attention to the importance of water, as lack of water makes us dehydrated which leads to many skin problems such as dry skin and chapped lips, yes you heard right chapped lips or dry lips. As our lips need more care than any other part of our face because lips don’t have any oil glands many people ask me that how do I get chapped lips? Simple because of body dehydration, so due to our carelessness we face dryness and sometimes in severe cases chapped lips bleed.
So now you are thinking what should we do to get rid of chapped lips overnight? First of all you should know that its not a big issue so it’s curable easily with some home remedies, so all of you who loses their confidence due to chapped lips it’s time to jump from your bed and use these home remedies to get rid of chapped lips, don’t waste your money on ointments.
what causes chapped lips
Before we jump to home remedies it’s very necessary to know its causes and symptoms, so next time you don’t make these silly mistakes and due to this may be you prevent your lips earlier.
Common causes of chapped lips given below:
- Insufficient moisture
- Deficiency of vitamins
- Lack of self-care
- Licking your lips
- Sun exposure
- Not sufficient humidity
- Smoking and alcohol
- Hot beverages and spicy foods
- Some kind of allergy
- Harsh weather etc
Common symptoms of chapped lips given below:
- Severe dryness
- Flaky lips that peel
- Whitish scale on bottom lips
- Mouth sores
- Dry patches
- Swelling on lips
- Cracks on lips or at corner
- Terrible bleeding
11 ways to get rid of chapped lips
Use a good lip balm to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
Apply a good quality lip balm which gives enough moisture to your chapped lips and try to buy a lip balm with SPF, as chapstick or a lip balm, gives a buttery layer to your dry lips. One of my favourite lip balm is Maybelline baby lip balm because it has SPF and also it contains jojoba oil and Vitamin E both ingredients are very good for chapped lips, but you can choose whatever you want. Use 3 to 4 times a day, as it seals your dry lip, gives you smooth and soft lips. If you don’t have lip balm you simply apply vaseline or petroleum jelly, it also give your lips enough moisture , so don’t forget to apply a two coats of lip balm before going outside it not only prevent your lips from dryness but also from other elements like dirt.
Scrub with sugar and olive oil to get rid of chapped lips
I, again and again, recommend you to exfoliate or scrub your dry parts to get rid of dead skin cells, it’s really very important to exfoliate your dry lips twice or thrice a week as it helps them to become softer and more supply.
- For exfoliating and scrubbing you need crushed sugar and some drops of olive oil.
- You can take brown or white sugar whatever you want, just crush them and add few drops of olive oil, apply on clean lips.
- Start massaging very gently for around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then wash it off with water remember don’t use any soap just simple water.
1. Almond oil to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
The sweet almond oil is not only used or skin and hair care but it’s used for chapped lips, As this oil rich in many Vitamins such as Vitamin E and fatty acids which make this oil a wonderful choice to heals many skin problems. As almond oil is light in texture and its quickly absorbing properties makes it my favourite oil.
- Simply before going to bed take a pure almond oil and apply a layer of almond oil on lips.
- Let it stay overnight.
- you will see a noticeable change within a week.
- You can also mix almond oil in jojoba oil for a better result.
2. Raw milk and rose petals to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
Red roses are the symbol of love, but sometimes these red roses help you in many skin issues, raw milk and rose petals are known for its lightening dark lips, so if you want to get rid of chapped lips and want pink lips with a soft touch then this home remedy is for you. Actually, it’s a two in one home remedy it lighten your dark lips and also gives them an enough moisture.
- Take a raw milk soak some rose petals in it for all most one hour.
- Then blend them together.
- You will get a medium thick paste.
- Apply this on your lips and wait for 20 to 30 minutes, after that wash it out.
- you don’t need to use any kind of soap after applying this home remedy.
3. Lemon and honey to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
Like our face skin our lips also need an anti aging home remedy to stay soft and smooth for many years, in this home remedy we are using lemon juice, honey and vitamin E. these all ingredients also helps to lighten your lips and gives a new life to your chapped lips.
- Take one tablespoon of honey, few drops or lemon juice and a vitamin E capsule.
- Mix them together, put them in the fridge for an hour.
- After that take it out and apply on your lips.
- Let it stay for 20 to 25 minutes, after that wash it off and apply a good quality lip balm.
4. Pumpkin or Pumpkin seed oil to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
As I mention in above that Vitamin E is very important to get rid of chapped lips and pumpkin contains a high amount of vitamin E so if you want to treat your dry, lifeless lips just grab a pumpkin from a superstore. Did you know some uses of pumpkin for skin, I bet you don’t.
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin seed oil
- So you can simply apply a thick layer of pumpkin puree into your lips.
- Wait for 10 minutes then wash it off with cold water.
- If you don’t want to apply pumpkin puree, then simply buy pumpkin seed oil from any grocery store.
- Either you mix pumpkin seed oil into your favorite lips balm or you can use it alone to treat chapped lips, this will instantly make your lips soft, smooth and supple.
5. Fresh milk cream to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
Fresh milk cream contains fats and many essential vitamins which help to quickly heals the chapped lips.
- Just take a chilled fresh milk cream.
- Apply on your lips with clean hands
- Let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash it off.
- If you apply this daily you will never face chapped lips in your entire life.
6. Green tea to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
Green tea water is best for treating chapped lips and dark circles, due to antioxidant properties it helps to moisture your lips and give a smooth effect.
- Take chilled green tea water.
- soak a cotton ball, now apply this cotton ball on your lips.
- After 5 minutes again apply the green tea water.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes, then wash it off, do this home remedy two times a day to get rid of chapped lips.
7. Banana to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
As banana-rich in many vitamins and minerals which stop the aging process that’s why it not only makes your skin soft, smooth but also helps to lighten them.
- Just mash a piece of banana mix half tablespoon of honey in it.
- start applying on your chapped lips.
- let it stay for 30 minutes, it quickly heals the dry lips, wash it off.
8. Rosehip oil to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
Nowadays rosehip oil is used by many skin companies and also dermatologist advises us to apply rosehip oil because it offers several benefits and within a week it cures the problem.
- Take a few drops of rosehip oil before going to bed.
- Apply on your chapped lips, let it stay, it absorbs in skin very quickly.
9. Sugar and honey to Get Rid of Chapped Lips
Eating sugar can make you look fat but when applying the sugar on the skin it helps to get rid of dead cells and honey helps to make your lips soft and hydrated.
- In a bowl mix two tablespoons of crush sugar with one tablespoon of honey.
- Mix well
- Now start to apply this on your chapped lips, gently massage, rub your lips very gently.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, wash it off, apply a lip balm after this.
10. Cocoa Butter
As we all know that cocoa butter is used to make our skin soft, it used in many beauty products due to its moisturizing properties, it melts in room temperatures so you don’t need any extra things to melt them.
- Take one tablespoon of cocoa butter
- Add coconut or olive oil to it, mix them well.
- Apply it on your lips before going to bed, it also used as a lip balm. Use this mixture daily to get rid of chapped lips.
11. Flaxseed oil
After knowing the benefits of flaxseed oil I put this into my beauty regime, flaxseed oil is rich in fatty acids and its nourishing properties makes it ideal for hair loss but not only this gives a marvellous result if you are facing chapped lips.
- Just take capsules of flaxseed oil, cut it, apply it on your lips.
- Let it stay for 40 minutes, then wash it off.
- It gives an amazing smoothness to your chapped lips.
At the end, there are several more home remedies which can help to get rid of chapped lips but I think precaution is better than cure, try to avoid licking and biting your lips it makes your lips more dry, try to drink a lot of water and add fresh fruit juices to cure chapped lips. Try to avoid spicy and salty foods it makes your lips more dry, try to cover your lips whenever you go outside, eat a healthy diet consists of green vegetables, carrots, tomatoes as healthy diets plays an important role in curing chapped lips, before going to bed try to apply a thick layer of cocoa butter or shea butter if possible.