The causes of acne on the butt are very much in sync with the causes of acne on the other parts of your body like face, neck and back. The acne here too is a result of excessive oil production. Dry skin, tight clothing, sweat, etc., are also few reasons that can encourage acne formation on your butt area.
Here are some home remedies that can help you get rid of butt acne fast.
1. Yogurt Application
- Yogurt is loaded with lactic acid, zinc, vitamin B, calcium, vitamin B12 and Vitamin B5, and all of this work towards good skin texture.
- You can apply plain yogurt or combine it with other useful products to create acne-fighting mixtures.
How to use yogurt for treating butt acne?
Apply plain yogurt on the acne affected area on your buttocks and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash the area with plain water and pat it dry. Make sure that it has right consistency- it should not be thin and watery.
Or you can make a yogurt mask too. For that you will need:
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon oats
Mix all the three ingredients properly and apply it on your butt acne. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes, and wash it off with plain water.
2. Tomato Pulp
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, potassium and calcium and therefore, they not only cure acne, but also prevent your buttock skin from further damage.
How to use tomato pulp for treating buttock acne?
- You will need a couple of fresh tomatoes and a grinder.
- Grind the tomatoes to make a fine paste/ pulp. Do not add water to it. Let the consistency remain thick.
- Now apply it all over the acne affected area, or you may even cover the complete buttock area.
- Let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Wash it with plain water.
- Doing this daily will give you desired results.
3. Warm Compress
Warm compression is a very good method for decreasing the inflammation. It also makes the affected area soft and helps the acne to drain out completely.
How to warm compress?
- You will need fresh and soft cloth, or a cotton pad and some warm water.
- Soak the cotton pad or cloth in that warm water, and very gently press it on your butt acne.
- Keep repeating this for about 15-20 minutes, but make sure that each time you soak the cloth, the water is warm enough. Re-warm the water if needed.
- You will notice that the puss will be gone and that will pace-up acne removal process.
4. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is known for its amazing soothing qualities. And the best part about this natural product is that it does not have any side-effects. If you can use the aloe gel regularly, you will get rid of your butt acne within no time.
How to use aloe vera gel for butt acne?
- If you do not have the plant at home, then buy a good gel from the market. But make sure that it is free from all kinds of additives.
- Take a good amount of gel, and spread it all over the buttock area. Cover the complete area, irrespective of whether it is affected by acne or not.
- Let the gel dry out completely, and leave it as is.
- When it dries out, you won’t feel its stickiness. So, you can even leave the gel all day long.
- Apply the aloe vera gel 3-4 times daily for faster results.
5. Neem Oil
- Neem Oil is one of the best essential oils that you can ever know.
- It has extremely high anti-fungal and antiseptic qualities that help in getting rid of all sorts of skin infections, including your butt acne.
How to use Neem Oil for your butt acne?
- Wash the affected area nicely and pat it dry with a soft towel.
- Take a cotton pad and put 7-8 drops of neem oil on it.
- Keep that oil soaked cotton pad immediately on the area affected by acne.
- Spread and absorb the oil nicely.
- If you can apply the oil 4-5 times a day then you will notice a drastic improvement.
- Eating turmeric will eliminate many impurities from your blood, but applying it topically will also have amazing effects on your skin.
- Turmeric is known to have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that work very well against curing acne on the butt as well as the face.
- It is also known to cure boils and other skin irritations and infections.
How to use turmeric for butt acne?
Make oatmeal and turmeric mask.
You will need
- 1 teaspoon of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of lentil powder
- Oatmeal will help you exfoliate the dead skin from your butt.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely in the fresh water, while keeping the consistency paste like.
- Apply this paste on the acne affected area and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Now wash it off with a mild, chemical-free soap as the turmeric has a tendency to leave marks behind.
- You can follow this routine daily before going to sleep at night.
Turmeric and honey mask
You will need-
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of milk (or natural yogurt
- Take turmeric into a bowl; add honey and milk or yogurt.
- The amount of milk depends on the consistency you wish to achieve. Keep adding a few drops of it as and when needed.
- The mixture/ paste needs to be thick to be able to stay on your skin. If it is thin and watery, it will have no use.
- Now, apply the mask on the acne affected area and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- While cleaning the area, rub it gently and wash it off with mild soap.
- You can apply this mask daily.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil has same beneficial effects as the neem oil does. The only advantage it has is that it is much more available. So if it is difficult to find neem oil, then you can literally replace it with tea tree oil.
How to use tea tree oil for butt acne?
- Apply directly, without diluting it on the acne affected area.
- To apply, you should pour a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton pad.
- Gently dab the oil on the complete area that is affected by acne.
- You can leave the oil for a few hours, or even for the whole night.
- It will instantly reduce the redness and swelling around your butt acne.
Garlic is definitely one of the best antibacterial and antimicrobial product. It is also loaded with good amounts of anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, you can easily rely on it as a perfect home remedy for your butt acne.
How to use garlic for your butt acne?
- Peel the outer covering of 3 garlic cloves.
- Mince it well to make its paste.
- Apply directly on the acne affected skin.
- Leave it as is for a few minutes and then you can remove the garlic paste.
- Also, remove it immediately if it starts to sting.
- Wash it off with plain water and wipe the area nicely until it is completely dry.
- You can also eat a couple of raw garlic cloves daily, and it will have equally good effect on your skin.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in malic and lactic acids, both of tend to have exfoliating qualities. It also helps in reducing red marks, and treat acne on your butt.
How to use apple cider vinegar for butt acne?
Make apple cider vinegar toner.
- Mix the vinegar and fresh water in equal quantities.
- Soap a soft cloth or cotton pad in it and dab it immediately on the acne affected area of your buttocks.
- Let the toner remain in the area for as 3-4 hours.
- Wash it off with cold or plain water.
Honey and apple cider vinegar
- You do not have to mix these ingredients.
- First apply honey on your butt and rub it gently for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Now pat dry your butt skin, and then apply diluted apple cider vinegar on the acne affected area.
10. Lemon Juice
Because of the acidic properties in lemon, its juice can prove to be very useful in treating your butt acne. It starts with clearing the dirt which is accumulated in the pores and ends with hardening the sebum. This stops from further breakouts.
How to use lemon for butt acne?
- If your skin allows, then you can use the lemon juice on your skin daily. But if it is drying up the skin, then you should limit the use to twice a week.
- Cut the lemon in two pieces and start rubbing the juicy portion on the acne affected area.
- Leave the juice overnight, and then wash it with plain water the next morning.
- If you are more comfortable with the diluted version, then mix lemon juice and rose water in equal quantities and then apply the mixture to the acne affected area with a cotton pad.
11. Fuller’s earth
Fuller’s earth works extremely well on the greasy and acne-prone skin. It is known to absorb excess oil, and it limits to the excess only. But if you happen to have a dry skin, then it is best avoided. Fuller’s earth also helps in unclogging the pores.
How to use fuller’s earth for butt acne?
You will need-
- 1 teaspoon of Fuller’s Earth
- 1 teaspoon of Sandalwood powder
- Rose water
- Mix fuller’s earth and sandalwood powder and keep adding rose water to get to a good paste like consistency.
- Apply this mask on the acne affected area, or you may cover the whole area.
- Leave the mask until it dries thoroughly.
- Wash it off with cold or plain water.
- You can do this daily if your skin is very oily.
- If your skin is moderately oily, then do it not more than twice a week.
It is a well-known home remedy, but for flu and cold prevention. But because it is also rich in antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it can be very well used to treat your butt acne.
How to use Echinacea for butt acne?
- Use Echinacea tea as a body wash for that particular area.
- Soak a soft cloth in the tea, and dab it on the butt area.
- Do this twice daily.
Mint helps in removing pore-clogging oil that prevents acne formation.
How to use mint for butt acne?
You will need-
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of powdered oatmeal.
- Mix all the ingredients extremely well and apply the mixture on the acne affected area.
- Let the mask dry out thoroughly.
- Wash it off with plain water.
14. Ice Cubes/ Ice Bag
Ice cubes help in soothing the area in and around the butt acne. It also reduces the inflammation.
How to use ice cubes/ ice bag for butt acne?
- Rub the ice bag gently on the acne affected area for 5-10 minutes.
- Make sure to dry out the area completely before wearing back your clothes.
- Do this twice daily, and it will not only cure, but also prevent further breakouts.
Chamomile helps in instantly reducing the inflammation from acne.
How to use chamomile for butt acne?
- Grind the chamomile tea and add water to it, to form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the acne affected area and leave it as is for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure twice daily.
Tips and Precautions for butt acne:
- Shower twice daily so that your skin is free from dirt, and other irritants and, dead skin too.
- Always wash your skin very gently, never be rough on it to avoid abrasions and cuts.
- The bed linens need to be changed at least 2-3 times a week.
- Always dry your skin thoroughly.
- Avoid using products that may lead to a breakout, especially creams and moisturizers that are loaded with chemicals.
- Also avoid oils and ointments that have been made with coal tar or petroleum jelly. These products have a tendency to clog your pores.
- Always wear soft and comfortable clothing, and more so if you have a job that requires you to sit for long hours. This will prevent your skin from irritations and abrasions.
- Try to opt for cotton underwear, it is a very hygienic fabric.
- Never ever share personal clothes and items.
- Keep a check on the chlorination in your swimming pool. Community pools are best avoided.
- Never pick or squeeze the acne, and never scrub your skin hard. It will darken the area and spread the infection to other non-affected areas.