Hello, everyone, I hope you are good, today we are discussing DIY face mask for acne prone skin, the reason I know so much about this topic is because I research about it for myself. Acne affects over 40 million Americans people of all ages both male and female suffer from this skin condition.
What is acne?
Did you know your skin is consistently shielding dead cells, it’s a natural way that our skin breathes, rejuvenates itself? Some of these dead skin cells get out from your skin through tiny little holes called pores, these pores are connected through the oil glands, these glands produce a greasy substance called sebum which is your body’s own natural moisturizer that lubricates your skin. So the trouble begins when the process slow down and the oils or skin cells blocked together. Due to blockage oil glands produces too much oil, these oils thicken and turns into a white substance, pores clogged up with the bacteria unless a pimple or acne was born, before you know your skin is all red and inflamed.
What causes acne?
Did you know a funny thing that chocolates don’t cause acne, however, there are certain things in it which can cause acne? Other things which cause acne are alcohol, dairy, gluten foods, fatty foods, hormonal disturbance, not sleeping enough, stress, bad lifestyle, poor diet, dirt, pollution and may more things can cause acne.
DIY Face Masks For Acne Prone Skin
1. Nutmeg and Milk Face Mask
This mask is really very good when you have dull or acne prone skin, I am using milk because it’s amazing it had a lot of lactic acids which is a natural exfoliant for your skin, nutmeg is a great option to get rid of acne, acne scars, blemishes and many more things. Honey helps to reduce the redness and helps to shrink acne.
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of nutmeg
- One teaspoon of honey
What do we need to do?
- In a clean bowl add nutmeg, milk and honey.
- Mix them together, if required add more milk, this mixture should be not too thick.
- Start applying this DIY face mask on your face, gently massage for around 2 to 3 minutes.
- After than let it stays for 10 minutes then wash your face with cold water.
2. Pumpkin and Cinnamon Face Mask
We all know that it’s really very important to exfoliate your skin, we should be do this twice a week, so we can get rid of all those dead skin cells which cause acne and reveal a brighter and younger-looking skin complexion. Pumpkin puree has a lot of enzymes and antioxidants which nourish the skin and leaves you with a natural glow and cinnamon is also very beneficial because it helps to bring blood and nutrients to the surface of the skin.
There are lot more uses of pumpkin for skin, as it contains Vitamin A which softens and smooth the skin and cinnamon has antiseptic property so it really great for any kind of skin infection, it also help to increase our collagen level so it just enhances our skin complexion and help to get rid of acne as well.
- One-fourth cup of pumpkin puree
- Half cup of white sugar
- Half cup of brown sugar
- Half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
What we need to do:
- It super easy to make this facial scrub, just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, make everything together.
- After that transfer, it to a little glass jar, make sure to store this facial scrub in the fridge.
- Take some scrub and start scrubbing your face with this one, this scrub is really very great to gently get rid of all those nasty dead skin cells.
- Scrub for 2 to 3 minutes, then wash your face with a cold water, it will make your skin little red so don’t worry.
- If you are allergic to cinnamon do a patch test before using this facial scrub.
3. Calamine and Honey Face Mask
This DIY mask is for them who have acne but if you have normal skin you can also use it to prevent acne breakouts. Strawberries are salicylic acid they are very good for acne prone skin and they also reduce blemishing and deep cleanse your face. Honey is an antibacterial and antioxidant it help fight, soothes and dry acne breakout.
- 3 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of calamine powder
What do we need to do?
- In a blender add strawberries, honey and calamine powder (you can add more powder if you want thick paste).
- Calamine powder is actually a mixture of zinc and iron oxide, it’s not a clay this powder is used for masks soaps and in many acne treatment products.
- Blend all your ingredients together.
- Store this mask in a container place them in the refrigerator, apply it daily on your face for about 20 minutes.
- After that wash your wash with clean water and pat dry with tissue.
I hope you like my DIY face mask for acne prone skin, if you have any other recipe or experience which you want to share with us or if you have any question regarding acne prone skin or anything then don’t forget to write in the below comment box.
Take care and keep reading.
Useful Related Posts: