Winters are always a beautiful time for me. The chill, the cool breeze, the chance to wear stylish coats and cardigans and of course, consuming warm peanuts and hot chocolate. However, cold weather is not all joy per se, they do have drawbacks as shows up on our facial skin, lips, hands and feet – in fact, all over our body – dry and dehydrated and accompanying cracks – ouch!
So what, do we bundle up and hide away in our warm cozy homes for fear of the cold causing beauty disasters or do we go out trying to look good but failing miserably? Of course we go out and enjoy how we would in summers, all we do is devote a couple of minutes every day to prevent the most common crisis that befalls women – and men – in the dry, cold days, with natural do-it-yourself treatments. Inexpensive and effective – yay!
So here are 6 ways, which you can use to combat cold weather crisis. Naturally!
- For dry and flaky patches that show up and break the image you built up previously: moisturize with coconut water! Yes, it’s not just a healthy drink; it’s also a beauty troubleshooter, a natural moisturizer! Soak cotton wool in coconut water and apply generously over face and neck before going to bed. You can even use it after your daily face wash in the morning.
- For dryness and roughness of the body that makes you itch all day, shattering that confident persona you otherwise had: simply add a tablespoon of almond oil and 2 tablespoons of honey to your bathing water, and voila, soft and smooth skin that will make you forget that it’s winter! Honey and almond oil, both have extreme moisturizing properties, enjoy it and thank God for creating such natural remedies.
- For chapped lips that prevent you from flashing that gorgeous smile: apply a mix of honey and Vaseline on your lips and leave overnight, repeating throughout the day when at home. Also, mix a little Vaseline with your favorite lipstick and smile those glossy lips without a worry.
- For the cracked heels, and the dull and dry toes that look horrendous in sandals to work or a party: apply a concoction of a melted candle and mustard oil on your feet after a good wash at night and wear socks for a while before sleeping, wet your feet after a few minutes and apply a second coating of the concoction, then wear the socks to bed. Wash off with mild soap in the morning. Repeat daily for maximum effectiveness.
- For the dry and dehydrated hands that make you look ten years older: fill up a big bowl or tub with warm water and mix in half a cup of sea salt. Then add in half a cup of almond oil and a few drops of lavender oil. Stir it up and soak your hands for 10 minutes. The sea salt contains minerals and nutrients that hydrate tissues and detoxify the skin cells resulting in softer skin, while the almond oil locks in moisture and the lavender oil gives a soothing, relaxing and moist effect. This is equally effective for feet too! The outcome? Soft and well-hydrated hands and feet that speak volumes.
- For limp and dry hair that turn you from a full head to a bald head in matter of a couple of cold days: make an easy homemade, moisture packed mask using one egg yolk, 2 tablespoons yogurt, 4 tablespoons olive oil and juice squeezed from half a lemon. Apply on the scalp and try covering all the strands of hair with this mask. Massage with finger pulp and let it sit for twenty minutes before washing off and follow with conditioner. The egg yolk provides instant protein to the hair whereas yogurt acts as a conditioner and the lemon brings shine and thickness. The olive oil used, acts as a base. Once dry, you’ll have a shiny mane with volume.
6 natural ways to a happier you in winter in only a few minutes everyday. Say bye-bye to dryness and hello to gorgeousness!