So today we are talking about charcoal, not for BBQ but for our complexion yes we are talking about the charcoal mask. Charcoal is an ultimate detoxifier, basically, you are confusing that what does activated charcoal do to our skin. It works like a magnet and sucks all the impurities from the skin. So today I am going to share DIY Activated charcoal mask and for those who use it for the first time might be afraid or worried that don’t worry. Activated charcoal is a carbon that has treated with oxygen and it’s put through extremely high temperatures and the result is of course fine black powder that has tiny microscopic pores giving it a huge surface area. This allows the charcoal to absorb all toxins, oil, dirt bacteria and everything that hiding underneath the skin.
Once the charcoal absorbs all the bad stuff rinses it off and its wash away, so that’s this charcoal mask is an amazing that you should add this to your weekly beauty regime. So this activated charcoal mask defiantly helps you to keep your pores clear because it acts like a magnet and it draws out all of that oil, dirt, bacteria’s and all of the impurities that are hiding in your pores, so it helps to prevent future breakouts and treats current breakouts too.
How to Make Your Own DIY Activated Charcoal Mask?
1. So charcoal help to draw out the impurities from the pores, it’s a good idea to open up your pores before applying this charcoal mask.
2. You can do this either by steaming your face for 5 minutes or taking a nice hot shower.
3. After you do that thing, now it’s time to make a charcoal mask.
4. I’m going to use a plastic container and a plastic spoon, please stay away from metal containers because charcoal draws out the toxins from the metals.
5. First of all, take one packet of gelatine powder.
6. Add one or two strands of pure saffron(optional).
7. This is a natural way to make glue like texture.
8. Add one tablespoon of warm water and whisk it very well.
9. Add a half tablespoon of milk or milk cream.
10. Mix it very well unless you get the sticky or glue-like texture.
11. After when you get this next add the powerful ingredient activated charcoal powder.
12. You can get it in capsule foam or you can get in powder foam in the supermarket.
13. Now go ahead and apply the charcoal mask it’s very easily to apply this mask.
14. If you want you can use a foundation brush or you can use your hands too.
15. Also please avoid applying this charcoal mask too close to your under eye area or your eyebrows because these areas are very sensitive and may be these areas are not ideal for applying this kind of charcoal mask.
16. After some time your face feels that its tightening because remember its deep cleansing.
17. Once your charcoal is fully applied then let it stay on your face or skin for around 20 to 25 minutes.
18. When it’s fully dried peel the mask back off or rinse it with water but remember its little messy process because some people can’t tolerate the pain of peeling.
19. I will recommend washing it off with cold water so that your pores will close.
20. My skin always feels soft, clean, and smooth and I see a brightening effect due to saffron, it also really fresh after I apply this charcoal mask.