Brittle and weak nails can be a sign of some hidden health issues and it can occur because of the lack of nail care or diet imbalance. Actually, the nails condition is a reflection of your wellbeing and health. Strong nails enhance the beauty of hands and give a fine look. People spend hundreds of dollars every year on several products available in the market for the cure of nail health issues. These products require lengthy patience and energies to acquire desired results. If you are worried for your nails health, you can solve your problem now in cheaper and convenient ways by using several simple home remedies for nails health and strength.
what causes brittle nails?
Here are some major causes that could be messing with your nails:
- Soaps and Detergents: Excessive usage of cleaning solutions like soaps, detergents, and cleansers tends to fragile and weak nails issue.
- Lack of Moisture: in winter season usage of heating systems can cause of less humidity level, which tends to peel and dryness of nails.
- Stress: stress and trauma can lead to an imbalance of hormones which can affect your healthy nails.
- Bad Habits: Some people may have healthy toenails and weak fingernails, In this case, negative habits like not keeping personal hygiene and biting nails can be the main reason of feeble nails.
- Hereditary Disposition: researchers opine that fragile nails keep running in families. Subsequently, those people who are hereditarily predisposed have more possibilities to the cause of this nail issue than others.
- Frequent Wetting: extra washing and cleaning of clothes and dishes bring about soft fingernails, this leads to tearing and breakage.
- Harmful Chemicals: at working environment Exposure to strong chemicals can destroy the health of your nails.
- Unhealthy Diet: fragile nails can likewise come about because of unhealthiness or lack of satisfactory nutrients. some of the elements which can make worse nails condition are a deficiency of vitamin C, protein, zinc, iron, folic acid and calcium.
Everyone wants thick, strong and attractive nails, are you worried about your yellowing, unattractive and weak nails? Is it caused of embracement in front of others having unattractive fingernails?? Now relaxes here you will come to know some simple and easy home remedies which will help you to make your nails strong and attractive.
Here are some tips for growing healthier and stronger nails.
Strengthen Nails with Sea Salt
Ocean salt is very useful to strengthen weak and brittle nails as it includes healing minerals. It can also help to soften fingernail skin (cuticles) and makes the nails shiny.
- Take a bowl of warm water and add two tablespoons of sea salts in a little bowl of warm water.
- Add two drops each of frankincense and wheat germ oil and, lemon essential oils and myrrh.
- Dip your nails in this mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water, dry and apply a hand moisturizer.
- Repeat this remedy thrice in a week, soon you will see the results.
read also: 9 Foods that Help to get Beautiful Nails
Vitamin E Oil to Strengthen Nails
The main problem with weak nails is moisture deficiency. Vitamin E oil is an extraordinary solution to keep your nails hydrated and moisturized. It will likewise help to sustain and strengthen your nails and fingernail skin.
- Break a vitamin E capsule to get the oil.
- Apply this oil on your nails and massage slightly for five minutes.
- Follow this remedy every day for 1 to 2 weeks and notice a good change in your nails.
- You can also take orally vitamin E capsules.
read also: Tips to Get Salon Perfect Nails at Home
Apple Cider Vinegar is a best Strengthen Nails
Apple Cider vinegar is another great remedy for weak and fragile nails. As it is rich because of calcium, vitamins, iron, magnesium and potassium, additionally, it includes acetic and malic acidic that can help to cure nail infection.
- Take equal quantity of water and apple cider vinegar and mix them.
- Dip your nails in this liquid for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Follow this remedy daily, within few days, you will get the best result.
read also: 5 Best Nail Art Design Ideas 2014
Strengthen nails with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is extremely sustaining for fragile and weak nails. The soaked fat in coconut oil prevents nails infection and also function as a moisturizer.
- Warm little coconut oil and apply it on your nails. Slightly massage for almost five minutes. This will circulate the blood and keep the nails saturated.
- Follow this remedy thrice in a day
- Another way is to take a lemon and mix with a one-quarter cup of coconut oil. Dip your nails in this oil mixture before going to the bed and wear gloves for best results.
- Follow any of these two remedies for 2 to 3 weeks to strengthen your nails.
- Olive oil can be also used instead of lemon juice.
Lemon Juice to Strengthen Nails
To strengthen and enhance the state of weak nails, lemon juice is the best alternative. Furthermore, it will not only help to get rid of weak nails but make them look brighter than ever.
- Take one tablespoon fresh lemon juice and add three tablespoons of olive oil into it.
- Slightly Heat up this mixture and apply to your nails with the help of cotton.
- Another alternative is to use argon oil with lemon juice by taking equal quantity of both ingredients, mix well and dip your nails for 15 to 20 minute.
- Follow one of these both remedies daily for three weeks.
Horsetail for Strengthen Nails
Horsetail contains high measures of silica, a fundamental mineral for healthy and strong nails. Additionally, this herb can dispose of white spots on your nails.
- Take a cup of warm water and add two tablespoons of dried horsetail herb.
- Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Dip your nails it for around 20 minutes.
- Dry out your nails and afterward massage with olive oil on them.
- Leave it for the whole night and wear gloves for good results.
- Follow this remedy thrice in a week.
Additional Tips to get Strengthen Nails
- Use plastic gloves to save your hands and nails from chemicals or water exposure.
- Use thick hand cream or petroleum jelly on a daily basis to moisture under and around your nails.
- Avoid extra usage of nail polishes, shiner or nail polish remover and artificial nails as well, as these products contain chemicals like formaldehyde.
- Use nail remover which is formaldehyde or acetone free as these is drying. Avoid to use nail polish remover more than twice a month.
- Daily Expose you nails into the sunlight, as vitamin D is necessary for the better nourishment of your nails. Zinc is also helpful to strengthen your nails.
- File your nails on regular intervals and try to file in the same direction.
- Try to avoid nail biting. Biting makes your nails be rugged, unattractive and nonexistent.
Nails are essential to be kept in the fine and strengthened form in order to give hands an adorable look. If your nails issue does not improve even after following these home remedies and after proper nail care then in this situation you should consult a dermatologist who will guide you exact regarding the actual problem.