So you want to know about how to get rid of whiteheads? First, it may be useful to know how we get the whiteheads. Whiteheads are also known as closed comedones, are hard white bumps caused by a collection of oil and dead skin cells inside pores. They usually take on a white or yellow color. Whiteheads are more common with the people who have oily skin. Whiteheads are formed of pimples and blackheads; they are caused by clogged pores. Don’t pop your white heads with your hands, because it causes pimples, infection and even scarring. If whiteheads appear on your skin don’t worry, you can remove those whiteheads successes by following these tips.
1. Egg white mask to get rid of whiteheads
Eggs are rich in nutrients and contain Vitamin A which promotes soon healing from acne and it also reduces wrinkles. This mask deep cleanses your skin, tighten your skin and pores, it also helps to control oiliness.
- One egg white
- Tissue paper
- One small bowl
- One fork for whisk
- Separate the egg white and egg yolk as we only need egg white for this mask.
- Slightly whisk the egg white with the help of a fork.
- Before you applying egg white on your face make sure there no makeup.
- You can apply the egg white with a finger of any makeup brush as I love you apply egg white with a concealer brush.
- Begin with gently apply a thin layer of egg white on your face but focus more on the nose and below the lips.
- Take a thin tissue there are usually two layers of tissue so separate them because we only need one sheet.
- Place the tissue paper on your face and apply the second layer of egg white.
- Leave this egg white face mask for completely dry I think it takes 30 minutes.
- Once the mask is completely dry peel off the mask gently in the upward direction of the face, after that gently wash your face with warm water and that’s it.
2. Cornstarch and vinegar to get rid of whiteheads
Whiteheads are the result of clog pores so what we are going to do is using a simple remedy consisting of cornstarch and vinegar and I’m pretty sure that all of you have this in your home. Since whiteheads are a type of acne we are using the cornstarch because it helps to absorb the excess oil, next we are using vinegar because it helps to exfoliate your skin and treats the acne.
- two tablespoons of cornstarch
- One teaspoon of vinegar
- Take two tablespoons of cornstarch and one teaspoon of vinegar.
- Mix them very well.
- Now apply this thick paste on affected area for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that wash your face with warm water.
- Do this twice or thrice a week for best result.
3. Rice powder Scrub to get rid of whiteheads:
Rice powder has great exfoliating properties, it helps to brighten skin tone, remove blackheads, whiteheads. Milk will help to reduce skin’s pigmentations and results into lighter skin tone and remove whiteheads.
- One cup of uncooked rice
- Half cup of milk
- Grind uncooked rice into powder.
- Add milk to the rice powder.
- Mix together to make a thick paste.
- Gently massage with this rice powder scrub in a circular motion on your face, neck and focus more on the nose.
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it with water.
- Repeat this process for 2 to 3 times a week.
4. Fuller earth powder to get rid of whiteheads:
Fuller earth powder sucks all the serum, it sucks the oil from the skin and with the daily application whiteheads start removing
- Two tablespoons of fuller earth powder
- One to two drop lemon or apple cider vinegar
- Take two tablespoons of fuller earth powder.
- Now add water and lemon or apple cider vinegar.
- Mix them together and prepare a thick paste.
- Apply this on your affected area.
- Dry it completely for around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Apply moisturizer after that and within few days to notice that your whiteheads problem is solved.
5. Baking soda and honey to get rid of whiteheads:
In case you have whiteheads on your forehead along with your nose then this home remedy is perfect for you.
- Two tablespoons of honey
- Half spoon of baking soda
- Take two tablespoons of honey and half spoon of baking soda.
- Mix them very well unless it makes a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your affected area and massage for 5 minutes.
- Leave it for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that wash it off warm water.
6. Rice powder and egg white to get rid of whiteheads:
These two ingredients not only help to remove whiteheads but also helps to tighten your skin and improve complexion.
- Two tablespoons of rice powder
- One egg white
- Take two tablespoons of rice powder and one egg white.
- Mix it well after that a nice paste will be ready.
- Apply first layer of this paste on your whole face, focus more on forehead and nose.
- After that massage for 2 to 3 minutes and apply the second layer.
- Wait until it completely dry.
- Wash it off with warm water.
7. Tomato and honey to get rid of whiteheads
Honey contains antibacterial properties that will kill the bacteria if and any nutrients present in tomato soften your skin.
- One slice of tomato
- One teaspoon of honey
- Some crushed sugar
- Cut one tomato in half.
- Apply honey and crush sugar on it.
- Massage it on your nose or where whiteheads born.
- Massage for 2 to 3 minutes and it stays for 10 to minutes.
- After that wash it off with water.
8 Extra Home Remedies to fight with whiteheads on your face
- Wash your face with warm water at least twice a day using a mild face wash. Because a regular ritual of washing your face helps get rid of whiteheads and prevents them from coming back.
- One of the most effective methods to get rid of whiteheads at home consists of steaming your face over a bowl of boiling water for 10 minutes. Because stemming opens the pores. After taking steaming, gently push the whiteheads out of the pore. But remember not to force hard it can cause scars or broken veins.
- You can use a clay mask. It is helpful in removing the dead skin cells. But I recommend using a thick paste of baking soda and water. Apply it all over your face, now wait for dry and after that wash your face with warm water.
- If you don’t want to steam your face no problem you can dip a towel in warm water, squeeze dry, and on your face. Repeat this for a few minutes to insured that your face has been warmed up and your pores have been opened.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily, this remedy keeps you hydrated and your faces less problem of pimples and acne.
- Rub gently lemon on your face with a cotton ball. Mild acid in it helps in opening pores and removing whiteheads. Lemon juice also dries excess oil which caused whiteheads.
- Apple cider vinegar helps with all types of blemishes, as well as whiteheads. For best results dip some liquid into the affected area just after steaming. Don’t rinse.
- Honey contains antibacterial properties. It helps to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Apply honey directly without mixing anything on problem areas after cleansing the skin. Leave for 10 minutes, rinse off with warm water.
Always use home remedies with natural ingredients. Because it’s easier and safer way to remove whiteheads from your face. If you find one or 2 methods that work very well, then never use the same medications to treat whiteheads again.
If you used one of the above remedies and it gives you good result then feel free to give your suggestion and opinions on it.
Related Useful Posts: