hello my readers, I hope you have an amazing week, in this week I want to focus on a topic that hundred of my readers ask me about how to get rid of bags under eyes. It’s a problem that affects I think probably everybody in their whole life, even I have bags under my eyes but now its time to get rid of them permanently with these easy home remedies.
Some of the causes of the bags under eyes are stress, aging, lack of sleep, bad diet, weather, sinus if you too much drink alcohol if you cry too much, basically if you are super hero you will never get bags under eyes but we are humans. Bags under eyes are caused by some of those factors, but they also cause by the thinning of the skin under your eyes, the blue blood vessels under eyes which have the color blue start showing through. Don’t think about laser treatment because the result is very medium and you often need one, two, three or four sessions to get the results you want but it really don’t vanish under eye bags it tightens your skin but not the bag, it also swollen your eyes a day after the treatment. After reading it did you want to try? I know you don’t.
Home remedies to get rid of bags under eyes
DIY Brightening gels to get rid of bags under eyes
You can make your own brightening gel with just three essential ingredients. Licorice extract is an incredible skin whitening agent, it works wonder for bags under eyes and its more gentle not like other chemical agents. Vitamin K helps strengthens the capillary walls and reduce the visibility of blood vessels through the skin under your eyes. Aloe vera gel is extremely hydrating and heels the skin basically these all ingredients are good for you.
- Licorice extract
- Vitamin K
- Aloe vera gel
- Take a vitamin K capsule and squeeze out the three little drops that’s it, now take licorice extract drop only 2 drops and just mix it up. The last step takes aloe vera gel add little or tiny drop not too much.
- when you mix it up you should have a creamy new color, now you done that’s it the consistency of this gel shouldn’t be too oily or too sticky it should go on smooth and disappear.
- Every night before you sleep apply this under your eyes make sure to use ring finger because it’s the most delicate finger gently padded it on your eyes and so on.
Cucumber Eye Pads to get rid of bags under eyes
You have heard a lot that Cucumber is great for your eyes, you have seen that it done in many salons, cucumber has some strange properties which help to reduce swollen, tighten your skin, it’s also great for reducing wrinkles, fine lines and it brighten your skin tone.
Cucumber has a nice hydrating effect because they compose of 90% water, cucumbers are a good source of Vitamin K and vitamin k shrinks capillaries which help to get rid of bags under eyes. Cucumber just doesn’t help to reduce dark circles they also soothes your eyes after a long day of staring computer screen.
- With your blender or juicer make a fresh cucumber juice and mix it with some water, shake it well.
- Pour it in a bowl, take your cotton pads and soak it in this cucumber juice and then squeeze out the excess juice.
- With a sandwich bag or a plastic bag, place the pads in this bag, afterward throw the bag in the freezer.
- You can add up to six pads in a bag, you can make as many cucumber pads as you possibly can with the mixture, once I make up to thirty pads and they should last me for whole month since we are not going to use any preserves freezing your cucumber pads will help them to keep fresh this will also save your more time I mean unless you don’t have time to make cucumber juice every morning.
- So in the morning before you shower to take out your frozen cucumber pads, Go and had a shower because by the time you did these frozen cucumber pads are ready to use, you can also use it after a tired and busy day.
- Now place these cucumber pads on your eyes, it will give you nice cooling effect, leave it for 10 minutes.
So that’s it give your eyes a nice wake-up call with these cucumber pads enjoy it, try it and get more sleep.
Frozen spoons to get rid of bags under eyes
People use spoon to eat, we all know that but did you know that spoons can help you look prettier and also helps you vanish bags under eyes, spoons have been used from a long time make sure to use a metallic spoon, Add this to your beauty routine.
- Need a great wake up call, throw two metallic spoons in the freezer and leave them overnight.
- When you wake up just take them out and leave them over your eyes till they no longer cold.
- Now flip your spoon over the eyes and press them against your skin, when you massaging your under eyes area this will help spread out any excess extra water retention in your face, it usually due to dehydration and not taking enough water which usually swollen your face and eyes when you wake up in the morning.
The frozen spoon will help to firm and tighten the skin, reduce the appearance of dark puffy eyes. Now your eyes look fresh and ready to take out the world.
Green Tea bags to get rid of bags under eyes
Green tea is a powerful antioxidant because it’s rich in polyphenols it’s a chemical which help to slow down the damage to your skin from the environment. It’s a great skin toner, green tea can also be used as a refreshing facial treatment especially after a long day. It’s rich in Vitamin C and E which researchers have been showing to be a powerful enemy of damaging free radicals, it also helps to cleanse your skin, sunburn highlight your hairs and even puffy eyes. Green tea contains caffeine and caffeine are found in a lot of eye cream products that help to reduce puffiness around your eyes and also help to get rid of bags under eyes.
- Make a green or black tea, now green tea has many benefits for your skin then go ahead and drink it then after you use two green tea bags.
- Sit them a sit to cool down, after that put them in the freezer for around two hours or so on.
- Then place these green tea bags over your eyes while you laying down, let them sit on your eyes for around 5 to 10 minutes, this going to allow the caffeine from the tea bag to constrict the blood vessels which going to reduce the swollen and inflammation.
Do this home remedy for about a month and so on to see visible results, I’m also using this and it’s really very effective.
Paper towel to get rid of bags under eyes
Another cool and easy trick to reduce bags under eyes which I want to share with you by using a paper towel. A cold compress is really very good to relax your eye muscles.
- Take a paper towel and get it wet by water, cucumber juice or raw milk. As milk is a natural moisturizer so its lot more beneficial then water.
- Place them in your freezer for overnight, when you wake up in the morning you take it out it feels hard.
- Place it over your eyes and under through your eyes, as it provides a great cooling sensation and also moisturize the under eye area.
DIY Eye Creams to get rid of bags under eyes
As you notice eye gels and creams are really expensive and they are loaded with chemicals. I don’t know about you, but I am not too comfortable to putting chemicals near the dedicated eye area, that’s why I decided to make my own eye creams at home that’s the best way to go, in this way you know exactly you putting in your eye cream.
What It contain:
This eye cream contains only three ingredients which are easily available, I pick these ingredients due to their individual properties and the benefits they have for eyes. Coconut oil is great to get rid of bags under eyes, some people have them simply because their skin is dehydrated and coconut oil has super moisturizing properties. almond oil is one of the best oil for hair and skin care, it’s rich in nourishing vitamins, it treats dull and tired looking eyes and gives you a nice glow. Green tea is also beneficial because it contains caffeine and tannin, caffeine reduces any swelling and puffiness, it contracts or shrink the blood vessels under the eye so its also help to eliminate bags under eyes.
- Coconut oil
- Almond oil
- Green tea
- For this eye cream, we need two tablespoons of coconut oil. One tablespoon of almond oil, one bag of green tea and a container so we can store this eye cream.
- We also using double boiler method, so use a pot to boil some water, then place a bowl on top of it.
- Now add coconut oil and almond oil in the bowl, once the water has been boiled reduce the heat and place this bowl with the oil right on the top of the pot and let it sit there until the oil has melted.
- Once they melted we going to cut the tea bag, open it and add it to the oil, just mix it well, let it stay on the pot for more 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then pour all the oil into a container, you can also use a stain, but it’s ok if some of the leaves fall no big deal. Let this cream stay at room temperature for around one or two hours, when its foams in a creamy consistency then you can store this on the fridge, apply it every night before going to bed with your ring finger.
Use Potato to get rid of bags under eyes
Just like cucumber the potato also reduce the puffiness, it’s a good source of Vitamin C and B6 which help to maintain skin youthful elasticity, it also contain magnesium which give relaxation to our eyes. Potato is filled with starch which is an anti-inflammatory property help reduce eye bags.
- Take one potato, wash it properly, now cut it as thin as you can.
- Put these slices on the freezer for about overnight or so no.
- Take them out, after 10 sec place them on your eyes and just relax by laying on your bed or sofa.
- Let them on your eyes for 10 to 15 them, then slowly moving these slices all over your eyes and that’s it you just, use this remedy every day for a noticeable change.
DIY Magical Eye Gel to get rid of bags under eyes
For instant hydration, cooling effect and for getting rid of bags under eyes I use Aloe vera Gel, it makes your skin smooth, soft, it’s a great moisturizer for oily skin and it decreases puffiness under eyes. I am using Vitamin E cream because it moisturizes dry skin, its minimize fine lines, and wrinkles. Next thing which I use is Green tea extract, I use it to tighten the blood vessels under the eyes because they have caffeine and tannin in return it lighten dark circles, reduces puffiness and help to get rid of bags under eyes, antioxidants which present in green tea help to rejuvenate the skin and increase blood flow.
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Vitamin E Cream (you can also use facial moisturizer)
- Green Tea Extract
- Licorice extract (optional)
- Take a clean container add 1 & half teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel, 10 drops of green tea extract, 10 drops of licorice extract, after that mix all the liquids together properly.
- Next add a quarter(1/4) teaspoon of vitamin E cream, after that what you do just mix it, after 2 to 3 minutes you got creamy gel consistency, make sure all the ingredients are evenly blended together.
- After that refrigerate it and it lasts up to 3 months, whenever you need just take this out and apply this on your eyes with ring finger.
- I recommend to use it when you are going to bed, wash your face make sure no makeup left, then apply it gently.
This eye gel instantly soothes and moisturize the dedicated eye area, occasionally eye get dark circles, bags, and puffiness, but using an eye gel help diminish this problem in a couple of minutes.
Extra Tips to get rid of bags under eyes
- One of the first thing you can do to prevent bags is water, drink more water the more water you drink the less water you going to retain therefore your under eyes going to retain as much.
- You also consider your salt intake, salt naturally going to dehydrate your body and make a clean to a very little bit of water that coming in and create more puffiness.
- Getting a consist sleep is very important, if you are least going to bed around the same time every evening that’s going to wonder to help regulate your sleep make sure it’s restful.
- You can also try to sleep on two pillows that will alleviate your head and help drain any of the extra water intentions from your face.
- Also, try to change your sheets and pillow cases every week dust, bacterias and oil all the things are collect there will be affecting you while you sleeping and you don’t even know that.
- When you first wake up int he morning don’t rub your eyes, in fact, don’t rub your eyes any time of the day and did you know that you are also wearing out the thinnest layer of the skin on your body which is right under the eyes the more you irritate this by stretching it, pulling it, rub it the thinner it going to be and the dark circles and puffiness can be shown earlier.
- Any time you touch your eye area or apply anything use your ring finger it has the softest pad and the weakest finger so it going to apply the most gently.
- Make sure you remove all your makeup every night before you are going to sleep no matter how tired you are makeup easily gets in you skin and clogged pores overnight cause your pores and everything to swollen or expand.
- Photodamage from the sun is the major cause of bags under eyes, so basically when you are damaging the skin you lessening the collagen and thinning out those layers, therefore, the blood vessels show through, so it’s very important to wear your sunscreen every time you are going out.