Acne scar occur when someone’s pop your pimples and spots become inflamed. For some peoples scars depend on skin tone or hereditary. There are many precautions and treatments available to reduce scarring skin’s appearance. Below some remedies which are effective to treat acne scars.
Image source: Flickr
- If your acne scar is dark, then you can use lemon juice to lighten up your acne scar by cleansing your face with cotton ball which is dipped on one tablespoon of lemon juice, now smoothly apply the cotton ball on acne scars, leave for 15 minutes then wash your face with cold water. Don’t forget to use sun block lotion or cream when you are going on sun exposure.
- Apply sandal wood and rose water paste directly applied to the scarred area. Leave the paste for more than an hour. Sandalwood has cooling effect on the skin, so this remedy is best for those who have sensitive skin.
- Exfoliate your skin with baking soda. Baking soda is also used in cosmetic treatments. You can give yourself also this treatment by mixing one tablespoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of water. Gently rub the mixture on your acne scar for two minutes, and then wash it with warm water.
- Olive oil is truly a miracle substance. It not only makes your foods taste good but also improves the condition of your skin and makes your skin softer and smooth. Massage a pea sized amount of olive oil onto your face, it helps to reduce acne scars.
- Use cucumber juice or fresh cucumber paste as a face mask. Many different cosmetic beauty products use cucumber as a key ingredient. Cucumber doesn’t only soothe inflammation, but also refreshes the skin and heals acne scars.
- One of the simplest home remedy for acne scar is to apply ice cubes. Wrap and ice cubes in a piece of cloth and rub it on scars for 10 to 15 minutes twice a day. It will help to reduce the swelling and redness of pimples and acne scars.
- Slice a tomato and place it over your face or you can apply it by making a paste of tomatoes. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, it also helps to refresh and renews scarred and damaged skin.
- Aloe Vera is commonly used for curing scars. Aloe Vera plant has the ability to heal scars and wounds. By using the juice of aloe Vera on a regular basis, you can erase the sign of acne scars.
Always use homemade ingredients to heal acne scars, because it’s a safer way to remove them. I know a home remedy takes some time to give desired results, so have some patience and follow these tips regularly and see how these scars lighten day by day without harmful chemicals.