What are dark circles
Dark patches on the skin under and around your eyes are called Dark Circles.
If the mirror reflects dark patches under your beautiful eyes then this is a matter of serious concern. This is not just your problem; people around the world are suffering from such nuisance and want to erase them completely.
A consultant Dermatologist Dr. Nick Lowe highlighted the subject of dark circles as he commented that if you don’t have enough sleep for a few days, you will notice puffiness and shaded circles under and around your eyes which will eventually harm your beauty and looks.
It is not true that the dark circle is a female skin care problem; in fact, both genders are facing the situation equally; however they are not very common among children. When you are defined by dark circles your skin under the eyes become thin, as it lacks its collagen percentage with age. This loss of collagen and the fragile skin displays the underlying blood vessels more prominently, with a tan appearance of the underlying skin. It is unfair to put a total blame of dark circles on fatigue, yet stress and tiresome circumstances aggravate the formation of dark circles.
read also: Beauty Benefits of Drinking Warm Lemon Water
What causes dark circles under eyes
The under eye skin is the most fragile layer and it contain a large number of melanin pigments. The Asian and African population suffers from such pigmentations more than other races. As the skin texture is thin under your eyes the pigmentation becomes more visible, making you’re under eye skin darker and shaded. The sagging under eye skin showcases the blood vessel as a bluish black branching shadow.
- This condition is also synonymized as ‘Panda Eyes’ and the dark circles is caused by poor diet, excess alcohol consumption, smoking and it could be a signaling alert of undiagnosed pathology.
- Many allergic conditions can lead to dark circle formations like hay, fever or nasal congestion as these conditions swollen up the blood vessel passing from the eyes to your nose, this stimulating the dark circle expressions..
- Don’t rub your eyes intensely as it might be one of the causes of dark circle formation
- In pregnancy, the hormonal imbalance leads to blood vessel dilation eventually forming deep and dark circles around your eyes.
- Sun rays are always one of the major culprits in skin care troubles. In case of dark circles, sun rays do plays nuisance role to augment the situation, therefore, it is vital to protecting your eyes from the scorching sun. For this, it is better to wear sunglasses or hat and apply an effective sunscreen on your face especially under your eyes to protect them from sunlight.
read also: How to Get Rid of Age Spots Naturally
How to get rid of Dark Circles under Eyes with makeup?
To treat the dark circle condition, cosmetologists and make p experts both are trying their best to overcome the marks an option of hiding dark circles through concealing the dark circle with make –up. This is also suggested by famous makeup artist Emmalene Sophia, who is an expert in bridal and vintage make-up. She suggested that, applying concealer around the eye, will hide the appearance of dark circle, for this the concealer is applied under the eyes starting at the darkest section of the circles just from the corner of the eye. The concealer is then blended smoothly into the skin around and under the eyes, till the circles or patched skin is completely disappeared. A slightly green tinted concealer is better to mask away the circle and it also minimizes the redness of the surrounding areas.
- Another option in markup concealing is the use of eye cream to mask off the dark circles effectively. A two times a day application of eye cream will reduce the puffiness, but care should be taken while applying these eye cream that it should not apply into the ball or around the delicate parts. If this is not done the cream will irritate the corneal layer of the eye, thus minimizing future troubles
- One aspect in treating the dark circle problem is the use of eye serums. These serums contain vitamins and other crucial ingredients like anti –oxidants to uplift the skin care regimen. This is also a non-irritating treatment
- A fully hydrated and anti-oxidant rich compound can serve a best serum or eye cream to treat the dark circle efficiently and it also protect the skin from other damages
- Application of peptides to boost up collagen formation and rejuvenation of skin cells for a firm and lifting application is another good option to get rid of the dark circles
read also: How to Get Rid of Skin Tags on Face
Remember that nobody is happy it these dark circles and are trying to get rid of the dark circles as soon as possible.
Home Remedies to get rid of Dark Circles
Home remedies are considered as the best option to treat skin care issues as other treatments involve chemicals which could initiate side effects. The following home remedies are very helpful in getting rid of dark circles.
Use Almond oil to get rid of Dark Circles under Eyes
Almond oil has been used in skin care since centuries to overcome odds in skin texture and appearance. Gentle Massaging of almond oil on the area of dark circles ill reduce the darkness and another remedy involves the blend of equal parts of almond oil with honey. This smooth paste is rubbed under the eyes and mask off the circle with the deep moisturizing effect of both the ingredients.
Coconut Oil to get rid of Dark Circles
Besides Almond oil, Coconut oil is also a good option to get rid of the dark circles. Coconut oil has extra moisturizing property which makes your skin supple and removes the wrinkles and fine lines, thus reducing the dark circle through its moisturizing ability.
The Coconut Oil Massage:
- Take few drops of coconut oil on the tips of your fingers
- Gently massage the oil on the under eye skin
- Leave the oil for about an hour on the skin
- Wash it with normal water
- Repeat the procedure once or twice daily for a good outcome
Try Castor Oil to get rid of Dark Circles
Castor oil has its moisturizing and skin rejuvenating properties to get rid of the dark circles.
- Apply few drops of castor oil under the eyes
- Gently massage for few minutes.
- Keep the oil applied for the whole night and wash with warm water the next morning.
- Continue the procedure for few weeks for good results.
Home remedies to get rid of Dark Circles from your Kitchen
Use Potato Poultice to get rid of Dark Circles
Potato is used to diminish the dark circles in every culture. Some apply the slices while other goes for the juice. Potato has been claimed for its bleaching property to reduce the dark tan under the eye. Moreover potato ingredients possess some anti-inflammatory properties which relieve the dark circle effectively through relieving the soreness and irritation of the eye ,but I remember, it is not an astringent to treat the swelling around the eye area.
- Take one medium sized raw potato.
- Peel it with a knife or a peeler.
- Grate the raw potato to a mashed texture.
- Put this mesh into a clean piece of cotton cloth.
- Wrap the cloth tightly and form a poultice. You can tie the end to avoid the chance of drippings.
- Lie comfortably in your couch and keep the poultice on your eyes for about 15-30 minutes.
- You can make two poultices or keep the same on both the eye turn by turn.
Use Tea Bags to get rid of Dark Circles
A wide variety of tea bag Is available in the market. These types include black tea, green tea, and herbal tea. All the three type are effectively used to treat many skin condition especially the dark circle. Green and black Tea are known for their special tannins they contain. The tannin act on the skin as an astringent and constrict the blood vessels to reduce puffiness, while herbal tea like Chamomile tea may not release tannins but possess some dynamic ingredient which work as anti-inflammatory compound to low down the irritation or redness around the eyes to get rid of the dark circles.
- Take a pan and boil one glass of water.
- When the water tart boiling put two or more tea bag in the pan.
- Keep the tea bag soaked in the boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, remove the tea bag from the water and cool them on a flat dish.
- Once they are cool, gently wipe the outer surface for any particle.
- Lie down in your bed or couch and keep the tea bag on your eye for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Repeat the procedure daily for fast results.
Try Cucumber Discs to get rid of Dark Circles
You might have noticed that every dark circle treatment display cucumber slices on the eye a remedy, yes; this amazing vegetable is filled with astringent rich ingredient which is simply applied on the irritated eyes to get rid of the dark circles.
- Take a small cucumber.
- Cut two round slices.
- Put the slice directly upon the eye in a laying position.
- Keep the disc for at least half an hour on your eyes.
- Remove the slices and wash the eyes.
- For intense cases, you can make cucumber poultice with grated cucumber to put around the eyes.
Rosewater to get rid of Dark Circles
Ayurveda treatment and home remedies from south Asian countries utilize rose water as the main solvent to dissolve any skin care ingredient. Rose water is claimed to have soothing and astringent properties to rejuvenate the skin and additionally it is known to improve the skin tone. To calm the soreness and irritation of eyes rose water is applied effectively.
- Take quarter cup rose water.
- Put two small cotton balls or two cotton pads in the cup and let them soak for about 15 minutes.
- Close your eyes and lie down on the couch.
- Keep these soaked balls or pads over your eyes and rest for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the procedure twice daily for about two weeks for optimum results.
Tomato Juice is best to get rid of Dark Circles
Tomato is a popular bleaching agent in home skin care product. This bleaching property is responsible for lightening the skin color, making it fresh and appealing
- Take one teaspoon of tomato juice and mix it with half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Gently massage the mixture under and around your eye.
- Let the juice stay on the skin for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Simply wash the area with normal water.
- Repeat the procedure twice daily for few weeks to get maximum result.
- This procedure is also done by applying tomato juice only.
- For more benefit, you can drink the tomato juice by adding few drops of lemon juice, salt, and a few mint leaves into it. Be sure to gulp the juice immediately after the preparation. Again drink the juice twice daily for few weeks for maximum benefit.
Turmeric and Buttermilk Face pack to get rid of Dark Circles
Both the ingredients were used as a face pack to lighten the skin tone, therefore, the application of these two ingredients will also help to get rid of the dark circles.
- Take three tablespoons of cold buttermilk and add quarter teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Apply under your eye or on the whole face as a pack.
- Wait for around thirty minutes and then wash.
- Repeat the procedure five times a week for amazing results.
Egg Whites to get rid of Dark Circles
Egg whites also have astringent properties to effectively get rid of the dark circles. It reduces the puffiness via its rich vitamin B content. The vitamin enhances blood flow and lowers the inflammatory condition.
- Drop half a teaspoon of one raw egg white on the clean, dry skin around your eyes only.
- don’t let the egg white enter your eyes.
- Leave it on for about 15 minutes to dry.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Make sure that the egg white you are sing is Salmonella-free.
Cold Compression Techniques to get rid of Dark Circles
Cooling the target area with a firm compression can result in the constriction of the blood vessels, this making the skin tight and rejuvenated. Applying cold compression under your eyes can help to get rid of the dark circles. The procedure can be done by the following methods.
- Soak eye pads or cotton cloth in chilled water or milk and place it on your closed eyelids for an hour or two
- Take an ice cube and wrap them in a napkin. Keep the cubes on your closed eyelids till the ice melts
- You can opt for frozen pea poultice, cold metal spoon surface or an ice chilled tea bag to compress cold on your puffy eyes.
- Take a metal teaspoon filled with Vaseline or petroleum jelly. Freeze it for fifteen minutes and keep the spoon on the closed eyelids for few minutes
Try Pumpkin to get rid of dark circles
If you tired of having dark circles due to not enough sleep then start consuming a bowl of pumpkin daily to get rid of them, due to high amount of vitamin A it’s not good for dark circles, eye bags but if you want to improve eyesight it will surely help.
- For this home remedy we need pumpkin puree, just place the pumpkin puree in fridge for an hour or two.
- When it gets chilled, take a cotton pad and start applying the chilled puree on dark circles.
- Let it sit for at least 20 minutes, if required reapply after 10 minutes.
- Wash your eyes after that, do this remedy daily.
Extra Useful Tips to get rid of Dark Circles
Your eyes are the windows to your beauty, therefore, it is vital to take good care of them to have perfect eyesight and to get rid of the dark circles effectively. The following are some precautions which should be taken to avoid any damage to the eyes.
- Wear dark sunglasses when you are out in the sun to protect your eyes from sunlight, dust, and the wind
- Don’t sit close to the TV or computer and use bright lights while using such devices
- Do not make a habit of rubbing itching or squinting the eyes
- Control the brightness and light intensity of your TV and computer
- Drink plenty of water to get hydrated
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits for obtaining healthy nutrients.A fiber consumption of 30 gram per day with two liters of water will bring the inner glow on your face, helps in getting rid of the dark circles and thus no need of external application required.
Dark circles are formed because of excess pigmentation under your eye’s skin and as the skin lacks collagen the layer become thin and expose dark patches under the eyes. Make-up techniques are used to treat the dark circles however many home remedies can reduce the dark circles effectively with low cost and high performance. Taking some simple precaution will reduce the dark circles more efficiently.
Related Useful Posts: