Chapped hands can be painful and sore. Chapped hands may be smoothed by using moisturizing creams and lotions and avoid your hands on exposure in hot water. If your hands become badly chapped in winter, you must use hydro-cortisone cream it will help your hands to become smoother and chapped free. Dry, cracked and badly chapped hands are really a big problem for those who mostly going outdoors and doing heavy housework like washing clothes, washing the dishes and etc. When winter starts cracked and chapped hands are starting appearing because you have lack of moisture in your hands. Whenever you wash your hands with soap or face wash during the day in winters you start facing problems of chapping. When your skin becomes too dry and rough that time you start facing the problem of chapped hands.
Everyone experiences chapped hands in their early age. The problems of chapped hands are that your skin doesn’t have sufficient moisture capacity. As a result your hands become rough and dry and it further reduces the moisture from your skin.
Tips for Chapped and Cracked Hands
- Put some sugar about one or two tablespoons in your hands, then add some olive or body oil what ever you like, rub together like washing your hands, then add a liquid soap or face wash, continue to rub until sugar is completely dissolved then pat dry and after that add moisturizer to your hand for maximum result.
- You can use cork-Huskers lotion it helps quite a bit. Use Aquaphor, Curel lotions for chapped hands and balm, yes this stuff uses of cows but it really works especially if you slather and cover your hands with gloves overnight. Don’t forget to drink a lot of water; your hands will crack if you are dehydrated.
- Wash your hands in warm water not much hotter, but leave damp. After that rub your hands gently with Vaseline, while they are still some damp. Actually Vaseline seals the moisture, so put on cotton gloves in a pinch you can also use socks as well. Keep it overnight in the morning your hands should be better and have smoothie effect.
- Soak your hand in lemon juice for 5 minutes and then wash off. Do this remedy twice a week. It will help to get rid of the dryness.
- Try soy Pete because it really works, it even stays on your hands through hand washing throughout the day. I really love it because it helps severe chapped skin and hands even much better.