We only rush to a packet of baking soda when we want to make yummy cookies, cakes or want to get the too annoying smell of the fridge. Does anyone notice once that the baking soda can do a lot of other things, rather than just cleaning, baking or deodorizing? Do you want to know how baking soda helps in daily skin care and hair? If you are my regular reader, then you quite notice that I mention some uses of baking soda on my two posts these are how to get rid of acne scars and how to get rid of dandruff naturally. Now I decided to mention more beauty uses of baking soda, so my readers just got benefits from just a little packet of baking soda and fix their everyday skin or hair problems. If you don’t have baking soda in your kitchen, then instantly go and buy a miracle baking soda for you and your family. At this moment, I remember my mother’s words, In my childhood, she always gives me a pinch of baking soda and salt and strictly said me to brush my teeth with it as it helps to get rid of all teeth problems and make me germs free. Baking soda has tons of beauty uses just we need to know.
Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliant
You can easily make an effective facial scrub and body exfoliant by mixing
- 3 tablespoons baking soda with brown sugar and water.
- Gently spread this on your face or body in a circular motion for 15 minutes.
- rinse it and you can use it every day it’s really easy to make.
Take warm water, add Epsom salt and baking soda in it, if you want to make it extra effective add one lemon as it helps to fair skin and shines to your nails.
- Soak your foot in this mixture for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, use a loofah and scrub your foot as it helps to get rid of dead cells.
- Use a towel to dry your foot and apply a moisturizer after that.
If you notice any color change in your nails, then its time to clean your nails once in a week with baking soda. Due to excessive use of nail polishes, harsh detergents or nail polish remover our nails changing its color but don’t worry.
- Take a nail brush
- adds baking soda and a few lemon drops start scrubbing your nails with it
- After 10 minutes wash it off.
- You see a bit difference after the first use.
Acne scar mask:
People who face difficulties fading their ugly acne scars must try baking soda because it’s cheaper and more effective than other home remedies. It’s worked like magic on acne scars I insist you all use baking soda on your scars once as it sheds your old skin and helps to get a new one.
- Take one or 2 tablespoons baking soda
- add olive oil to it.
- Apply using your hands or cotton ball and massage in a circular motion.
- Let it stay for 30 minutes
- after that wash your face with warm water.
- Use it several times a week to get better results.
do you want to save some money? Then simply stop buying deodorants as they are full of chemicals and make your underarm skin black and leave stains on your favorite clothes. But do not worry just follow the below home remedy.
- take some pinch of cornstarch and apply on your underarms first
- then take two tablespoons of baking soda and add two or three drops of your favorite oil whatever you want depending on the choice.
- Mix them well and apply on your underarms with the help of puff or any brush.
- Wait for one or two minutes, then do your normal routine work.
- It helps to prevent body smelly odor and big black sweat stains.
Did you get rid of dry hands? Want soft hands without using any chemicals then stop using harsh soap or beauty creams you are using.
- Take one tablespoon baking soda.
- half tablespoon crushed sugar and a few drops of olive oil.
- Gently rub your hands with this mixture.
- after 10 minutes, wash your hands with just water.
- Your hands stay soft for 24 hours or more.
- Continue using it every day if you love your hands like me.
Hair loss and dandruff, Promote hair growth
Well, I guess baking soda is 3 in 1 it helps to relieve from dandruff, also prevent hair loss and lastly it promotes hair growth. Is it amazing? You think I am joking with you but seriously its true it helps to get rid of any hair problem, whether it itchy scalp, hair loss, dandruff, oily hair, dry and damaged hairs, well each and every hair problem. If you want to get rid of dandruff just simply follow the below home remedy.
add 2 tablespoons in your favorite shampoo bottle and shake well, Now use it as a normal routine. Did you hear that washing your hair with baking soda and after that condition your hair with olive oil helps to get rid of hair loss and promote hair growth? For this first wash your hair with baking soda and then condition your hair with warm olive oil, after 5 minutes just wrap your hair with a warm towel and sit for 40 minutes. When you unwrap your hair you can’t believe that your hair feels softer and healthier. I do this treatment once a week and I recommend you all try this.
Oily hair, Lighten hair color
My hairs are curly and most time frizzy so I am very curious to find new product who helps to get rid of oily hair and also soften my curls and also it you want to lighten your hair color naturally you can do both things with baking soda. So if you want soft hairs and also want to get rid of oily hair follow the below home remedy.
- mix baking soda with tea tree oil
- applies on your damp hairs.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, and then rinse it really well.
Now the next problem if you want to lighten your hair color and afraid to try any market hair color products then do a simple trick
- mix lemon juice with baking soda
- Apply to your damp hair
- leave for 30 minutes then rinses it off.
- If you want fast result do these home remedies thrice a week.
Blackheads and whiteheads
I have received tons of questions regarding whiteheads and blackheads. So now I have come to know that each and every person faces whiteheads and blackheads once in its entire life. If you want to get rid of these problems simply make a baking soda mask.
- Take hot water in a bowl for steaming
- first do some cleansing with raw milk or whatever you chose.
- Take five tablespoons baking soda.
- add 1 or 2 tablespoons distilled water and mix well.
- apply on your face and wait for 5 minutes after that steam your face
I hope you enjoy while reading this post and I am sure you will try these home remedies so don’t forget to tell us its results. There are many other uses of baking soda if I miss someone let us know simply by commenting in the below comment box.
Related Useful Posts: