There are many factors that can cause your lips to go darker. One of the main causes of dark lips is sun exposure, other causes like UV rays, allergies, smoking, caffeine intake and hormonal imbalances can result in such ghastly looking lips.
Rosy lips are most important element of a woman and man’s charm which add to their appeal. There is no doubt, naturally rosy and pink lips look visually appealing. There is no time to wear lipstick or lip balms at all times. Many of us shy from public appearances. There are a number of reasons but darker lips are one of the common problems affecting people of all ages. Dark lips can tarnish personal image and can cause embarrassment. However, there are many ways to lighten dark lips. Here are some natural remedies to help and treat lighten dark lips.
- Honey is a natural ingredient to treat lips that have turned dark with age and other external factors. Honey has many beauty benefits, one of the benefits is that it can soften lips and give your lips a pink glow. Apply honey over night, every day. Apply it all over your lips and let it dry. Don’t wash off.
- Lemon is used commonly to treat darker patches and spots of skin. But did you know you can also use lemon to naturally lighten dark lips. While, nights are the best to apply lemon juice on your lips. Massage freshly squeezed lemon juice on your lips overnight before you go to sleep.
- For naturally smooth and pink lips, use one tablespoon of strawberry juice with two tablespoons of petroleum jelly on your lips. Use this mixture as lip balm daily on your lips.
- There are many berries like strawberries and raspberries that can solve your problems of dark lips. You need to make a paste by mixing raspberries along with pure honey and aloe Vera juice. Apply and leave it for at least five minutes. Rinse it off and apply a home made lip balm. Raspberries contain vital minerals and vitamins, needed for your lips to remain healthy and vibrant.
- Some oils can be good for the lips, like olive oil, mustard oil, tea tree oil. Clove oil is also used who have dark and patchy lips. Olive oil is the best among the others because it does not have any harmful effects. Apply one of these oils onto your lips before going to sleep.
- Massage your lips with ice cubes. It will keep the lips nourished, moisturized and fresh.
- Apply the mixture of castor oil and almond oil to massage your lips to make them pinkish naturally.
After learning so many tips, it’s time to put them to practice follow these tips regularly and see how your lips bloom like a rose.