Dry scalp is the white flakes on the scalp which makes your hair get harmed if not treated appropriately. Dry scalp is that scalp which lost the moisture. Scalp becomes dry because of many reasons like diet imbalance, extra usage of hair chemical-based products, extra hot and cold water and stress etc. dry scalp can bring about numerous hair issues like head lice, itchy scalp, dandruff, and finally it leads to hair fall as well.
Symptoms of dry scalp
A dry scalp frequently carries with its specific symptoms which makes it simple to discover the condition. Flaky scalp which caused of dandruff and itchiness are some basic symptoms of a dry scalp.
Causes of dry scalp
Extensive utilization of shampoos, conditioners and chemical hair products can take a toll on your scalp, office or working for extend periods of time in the sun, as well, can harm the hair and can be caused dryness of the scalp.
Here are few components that can expand the risk of dandruff:
- Weather changes
- Hormonal changes
- Eating high-spicy, sugar, or salt foods
- Excess consumption of alcohol
- Lack of supplements like vitamin B and fatty acids
Do you frequently need to scratch your itchy scalp? That can be caused of embracement in public and reason of discomfort.Don’t worry you can get rid of these flakes easily by using some common kitchen ingredients without spending a lot of money.
Following are some home remedies you can adopt to treat your itchy scalp as they have no potential reactions.
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil, with its intense powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties, can be helpful to treat dry scalp. This natural oil offer moisturization, and outstanding nourishment which prevent dryness, flakiness and itchiness. It additionally serves to mitigate your scalp when it is added to your conditioner or shampoo. Tea tree oil can be used in different ways.
- Take one half cup of baby shampoo and add 15 to 20 drops of tea tree oil into it and continue this process daily until your scalp condition improves.
- Another alternative is to add 3 to 4 drops of tea tree oil in one tablespoon of vegetable oil and apply this mixture on your scalp and use this method on daily basis. This will a reduce an itchy, dry scalp issue within one or two weeks.
Read also: How to get rid of dandruff
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is helpful to treat a dry and itchy scalp due to its cleansing and antiseptic properties. It additionally adjusts the shedding of dead cells by evacuating over the top dead cells.
- You can apply directly lemon juice on your scalp and leave it for 5 minutes and then wash off your hair.
- Another alternate method is to use lemon juice with yogurt. Mix both the ingredients and apply on your scalp for a couple of minutes before washing your hair. Repeat this method daily until dryness and or itchiness reduces or even disappears.
Keep in mind that lemon ought not to be utilized on irritated, injured skin as it may bring about a stinging sensation and even exasperate the issue.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is one of the commonly utilized home remedies to get rid of dry scalp. Coconut oil makes an obstruction that helps to keep skin moisturized, by restoring natural moisturize and thus it is a successful approach to treat dryness of scalp.
- After washing your hair rub coconut oil onto the scalp, when it is clean. And leave it for an hour. After an hour wash your hair with an aroma-free shampoo. Repeat this process twice r thrice in a week.
- Another alternative is to take little coconut oil and warm it so it melts, mix it to your shampoo exact before washing your hair.
Read also: 9 Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Skin And Hair
4. Baking soda
Another promptly accessible ingredient that can alleviate an itchy scalp is baking soda. It helps ease by reducing dandruff and tingling by peeling the scalp created by overactive fungi.
- Mix baking soda into the warm water to make a thick glue and apply it directly to your scalp. Leave this mixture on your scalp for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off.
- If you rub olive oil on your scalp before applying it, better results can be concluded.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera gel has moisturizing properties, which may assuage extreme dryness and tingling. You can buy the gel, on the off chance that fresh aloe vera is not accessible.
- Take some fresh aloe vera gel and apply it onto your scalp with the help of your fingers.
- Leave this gel for 20 to 30 minutes and after wash your hair with the shampoo.
Read also: 11 Benefits of Aloe Vera for Skin and Hair
Avocado fruit is rich in vitamins, natural oils and minerals which serves to treat the dryness issue of your hair and scalp. It likewise makes your hair smooth and soft, moisturized and shiny after conditioning with avocado gel.
- Take an avocado, one tbsp. of honey and 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Blend all the ingredients together and mix properly.
- Apply this smooth paste to your dry scalp and leave it for half an hour.
- After risen your hair with warm water and shampoo.
Read also: 6 Avocado Face Mask for skin care
Mayonnaise is just comprised of oil and eggs which serve to have deep support. It likewise includes vinegar which serves to purify the fungus and microbes bringing on dryness and itching.
- Take one and a half cup of mayonnaise and apply it on your scalp.
- Massage slowly your whole scalp with fingers and the rooted area completely.
- Leave it for around 20– 30 minutes, after wash off with warm water and shampoo.
Tips to Prevent Dry Scalp:
Follow these some important tips if you don’t want to face this dry scalp issue again in future.
- Use conditioner and moisturizing shampoo to reduce dryness of your scalp.
- Use the sulfate free shampoo, as it harms your scalp.
- Find that shampoos which suit your hairs furthermore it ought to contain tea tree oil as it is the fundamental ingredient for dry scalp.
- Avoid to excessive usage of hair curler and straighteners as they’re also caused of scalp dryness and can harm your hair. So style your hair when it is most extreme need to do.
- Don’t overuse the dryer on your hair as it can leave your hair dry and take away the moisture from your scalp.
- Have a scalp massage on regular basis with the oil containing vitamin B and E it serves to reduce the dryness.
- Avoid utilizing chemical based products but always try to use natural items to your hair.
Scalp dryness generally caused in winter season because of the cool temperature. You need to moisture your scalp and hair with these simple home remedies, to prevent scalp dryness. Otherwise dry scalp can lead to the dandruff.